Monday, October 31, 2005

Jury Duty

Tomorrow I report as directed to fulfill my duty as a productive and conscientious citizen. Also, it's a day away from the office with pay so that makes it a lot easier to be enthusiastic. Regardless of my motivation, however, I have always liked being called for jury duty. I'll read a book and listen to some music. We'll get about 2 hours for lunch so I'll get to go someplace better than my usual "I've only got 30 minutes so this better be quick" joints. Best of all, there is a small chance I'll actually make a jury this time.

I've come to regard jury duty as sort of a contest. A bunch of people sit around waiting for their number to be called. It's a little like a raffle I suppose. In any case I am aware that most people do not like jury duty and go to great lengths to avoid it. Me, I have always wanted to be on a jury. Perhaps I am being naive about this but I think it would be terribly interesting. Plus I think I would be a good juror. I believe I would take it very seriously and try very hard to be objective and reasonable.

The closest I ever got to being a juror was one time when I actually made it up to the box for questioning by the attorneys. Unfortunately for me the case involved welfare fraud and I am a social worker for the welfare department. I assured them I could be fair and unbiased but they thought it would be a conflict of interest and excused me. In hindsight I suppose they were right. Oh well, maybe this time I'll make it. If not, what the hell, a change in the routine is always welcome.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your material is useful for me -----------------------------------------------------------------------------discount-flonase prescription

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

9:56 PM  
Anonymous thoughtmaster said...

Well, you could have always done MY jury duty all those times I was being called regularly...

I sat on a jury once. It was soooooo boring.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Tim ID said...

Well now that you are looking forward to a leisurly day to read and listen to music, you've cursed yourself to serve on a jury. Having been called four times and served four times, all I can say is, "be careful what you wish for." If you truly want to get picked, treat it like a job interview for a job you don't really care one way or the other about.

I think it would be really cool if you got on a spammer case.

2:24 PM  
Blogger shandi said...

You would make a great juror lights. You are the most non-biased person I know. They were just nuts to excuse you.

8:01 PM  
Blogger teri said...

I'm always called but I don't get paid for it and can't afford to miss work. Each time I have to get another letter from my boss explaining that I don't get paid while not working and that it would be a hardship... a fanatical hardship.

8:35 AM  
Blogger The Michael said...

I've never once been called for jury duty. If I got called now, if I didn't get paid by my employer for missing work, there's no way I could do it, which is a shame, because I would have liked to experience it at least once.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Tim ID said...

Come on lights, tell us some jury stories.

9:00 AM  
Blogger FDF said...

Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Diethylpropion. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including herbal products.

5:00 PM  
Blogger FDF said...

Do not take Lortab if you have narrow-angle glaucoma. Lortab may worsen this condition. Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have kidney disease; have liver disease

8:52 PM  
Blogger FDF said...

What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Temazepam?

2:33 PM  
Blogger FDF said...

What happens if I miss a dose of Ultram ? Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication. A double dose could be dangerous.

7:40 PM  
Blogger FDF said...

What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Zyrtec?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home