Monday, December 19, 2005

Not in the mood

My parents are visiting and cleaning, repairing, and altering pretty much everything in my house. On one hand I am grateful that these things are being done. On the other hand they are things I don't really care all that much about. Which is why they haven't been done already. On the third hand it makes me feel kind of irresponsible and childish to have my parents doing this stuff. But there's no stopping them without hurting their feelings so I just have to suck it up and let 'em go at it.

Also today my friend Mike had what has been described as a severe breakdown and has been admitted to a psychiatric facility for observation. This is the kind of place where they take away your shoelaces so you don't kill yourself. He's had a lot of bad stuff happen in his life in the last 3 years so I suppose that a little meltdown is not surprising.

Anyway, I am not in the mood to post anything. Except this, of course.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tim ID said...

Okay, I'm sorry. If you want to think about Julie Andrews breast, I think it is okay.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous thoughtmaster said...

Your house could be absolutely perfect and your mom would find something to repair, clean or change. I'm also really, really sorry about Mike. I will try to call you today.

12:00 AM  
Blogger teri said...

I'm so sorry...

8:20 AM  
Blogger shandi said...

I understand the crap he's been going through, but as we've discussed... much about a person's life can be controlled. We make a choice every day how we are going to live. He had a negative outlook on life before all the current shit happened. He has no coping mechanisms.
When i hear of someone threatening suicide... I tend to pity those around that person rather than the person themselves. Yes... life sucks... A LOT. But... you can make it better. That's sounds simple-minded I know, but it's still true. Suicide is that last selfish act a person can commit. I don't respect it.

8:54 AM  
Blogger The Michael said...

This is proof right here that blogging is as addictive as nicotine. I don't want...I don't need that friggin cigarrete....puff......this is my last one.....puff.....I really need to quit....puff.......and I'm in no friggin mood to post tonight.......tap tap tappity tap tap tap

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lights in the wake said...

Oh, yeah. I forgot. I am also trying to quit smoking so haven't had a cigarette since last week. The hits just keep on coming.

2:39 PM  
Blogger teri said...

STOPPED SMOKING...Oh I'm so proud of you...That's awesome... One of the hardest things I did but well worth it. I told myself that I could put it into clothes instead of cigarettes. That was ten years ago... now I had something to show for my money. (My poor closet and drawers.) ;)

10:46 PM  
Blogger The Michael said...

Hey, dude, where ARE you? Get back here and post, so we know the earth didn't open up and swallow you!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Gunter said...

Lichter Wo ist du? Gunter weeps.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home