Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Semi-retirement

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and children of all ages: It is with a mixture of regret and relief that I must announce my semi-retirement from blogging. You may have noticed my absence from the blog community during the last couple weeks. I have been contemplating whether I enjoy blogging or not. I have reached the following conclusions:

I absolutely love being part of this little community and I don't want to give it up.

I seriously dislike maintaining a blog. Mostly.

I have done some work of which I am moderately proud so I know that I can produce some entertaining content. I can not, however, produce material I am happy to publish on a consistent basis. So I find myself experiencing much more anxiety than pleasure from blogging.

So here's what I've decided to do. I am leaving this site up. But I will not be updating very often. I will be visiting the blogs of all my favorite people pretty much the same as always and, of course, I will be leaving plenty of comments.

I would like to flatter myself by thinking that this may be disappointing to some and if that is the case please know that I sincerely appreciate the sentiment.

So, to Tim-Elvis, my first and best blog pal. To Teri, you naughty, naughty girl. To THE Michael, my grumpy but lovable Florida connection. To Thoughtmaster, my horrible, evil, and cruel ex-wife/close personal friend. And, of course, to Shandi, my closest friend and confidant.

I love you all, I hope you understand.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tim ID said...

I understand Lights. You still will be a major force in the blogging community as a vocal lurker. But you are going to have to break this to Mank yourself. He's been going ape with anxiety over your absence.

10:58 PM  
Blogger The Michael said...

Grumpy? ME? GRUMPY?

Sigh........

I have suffered so much anxiety waiting for your quality posts to appear that I had to be psychoanalyzed. It was then that I discovered my anxiety was actually based on deep seated jealousy that everytime you blogged, the spotlight would be taken off me, The Michael. So, your decision to cut back on your blogging actually segways right into my neurosis, making it possible for me to feel that people will spend more time reading MY blog and making me feel so much better about myself.

Now, only Buffalo, Tim-Elvis, Shandi, Teri, Gina, Morningstar, and a whole slew of bloggers remain, and once I've dealt with THEM, it will ALL be mine....Mine......MINE!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA caugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA gasp HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

thump

6:08 AM  
Blogger shandi said...

Lights... My God... this post was absolutely stunning... possible the best post EVER!!! I laughed and laughed (so I hope it was meant to be funny). Soooo... do you think you could quit blogging like once a week. A periodic resignation speech maybe???

8:15 AM  
Blogger littleone said...

dare i peek in and make a comment now that you are retiring??? now i am not sure i like that idea.. i only just found The Michael's blog a short while ago.. and have been slowly working my way through his list of links.. and sadly had not made my way to your blog.. and now that i am here.. you are leaving??? well it can't be something i said.. as i haven't said anything...... was it the threat of this slightly irreverent..sometimes cheeky... almost always opinionated me arriving here that has sent you scurrying towards retirement??
sighhhhhh must i resign myself to reading back issues of "lights in the wake"??? i hope not... i hope that once in a blue moon?? or full moon?? occasionally?? weekly?? you will put fingers to keypad and offer up a blog for one and all to read.....

morningstar

8:31 AM  
Blogger Tim ID said...

So morningstar, if Lights blogs once in a blue moon, should he get beads?

I was thinking we should all chip in and buy him a watch for his retirement.

3:44 PM  
Blogger teri said...

A watch for lights retirement? He's timeless? hehehe

I still hope that you will post from time to time; I do enjoy yours as much as everyone else's.

They say I don't write enough...? Maybe I should just give it up as well...Nope, just deal with only hearing from me from time to time.

7:20 AM  
Blogger joeprehiem7622 said...

Hey Meet Me Today I'm available in your area tonite GO HERE NOW!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Tim ID said...

Go SEAHAWKS

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home